Hi my name is Marlika. I have been married to a wonderful guy named Ben for 21 years. We have three sons Ben (17), Malik (15) and Jaedan (11). We are a homeschooling family living in Michigan.
I’m a mom with kids who learns differently. I’m a mom who looks at her sons and sees what they need and works very hard to get it for them.
I’m a mom who doubles as an OT, a speech therapist, a nutritionist, a psychologist, and an education specialist. I’m a mom who reads and researches and attends classes. I’m a mom who has questions and looks for answers. I’m a mom who isn’t afraid to try new things.
I’ve only been at this five years, but I can tell you my most valuable piece of advice. My most valuable tool, my biggest weapon in this fight to help my sons? It isn’t a curriculum or a method or a diet.
It’s God's love and the love I have for my children.
It’s the ability to do the same thing, over and over. It’s the willingness to say it again, slower. For the fifth time. Because they just might get it. It’s getting bone-weary tired, but keeping on. Because giving up is not an option. Neither is giving in.
It’s just doing what needs to be done. People ask how and why and I am more than a little surprised. It’s not, “How can you?” It’s “How can I not?” People say I am very patient, to do this thing that I call my daily life. These are my sons. I can be patient, even when they fight or isn’t interested or has lost a skill that they just mastered. They are worth it.
My biggest weapon is love.
I am blessed to be able to educate our three sons at home. Our goals are simply:
1. To train up a child in the way he should go and even when he is old, he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6)
2. To provide an excellent education for our children, with opportunities to pursue individuality for each child based on their needs, interests and learning styles.
3. Provide opportunities for us to grow together in Christ as a family.
4. Prepare our sons to stand for Truth in their generation and to persuasively share the Gospel, according to God's plan in their lives.
5. Prepare life-long learners.
Homeschooling my children is the hardest and most rewarding job I've ever had. It is a privilege and honor I pray I do not take for granted.
Thank you for your interest in MY THREE SEEDS OF JOY!