Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Trying Venison For The First Time


Today we tried venison for the first time. A friend of the family husband went deer hunting recently. So when we went to visit I asked her what did it taste like? She explained that it is a healthy alternative to beef and naturally low in fat. She asked me if I wanted to try it and offered me two packages. One package was ground mixed with ground beef and the other a steak. 

We tried the ground venison for lunch which we made into burgers. It was differently different not in a bad way but in a Bambi way. I was so nervous but I had to be brave and try it with the boys. We all tried a burger and thought the texture was like ground beef.  The boys liked it. I liked it once I built up the courage to eat it.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment