Monday, April 14, 2014

First Day of Driver's Ed

 

It seems like just yesterday he was riding down the hallway on his battery operated Jeep. His feet could barely touch the floor. He needed assistant just to get up on it and ride.

 
Recently he went on a bike ride with his dad. Standing almost as tall as his dad. So many years flashed before me eyes he will be sixteen this summer.
 
 

Today I took him to his first driver's ed class. It was a tough pill to swallow watching him walk through the door of the school. He was excited about taking this big step to independence. The goal is to have him take his time and learn the rules and regulations. My husband will be his driving partner because my nerves can't handle him driving yet.

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember the Driver's Ed days. It must something with moms, we just can't handle them growing up. Driving is one more step away from us. They do grow up fast don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They do grow up so fast! My knees get weak every time Mini Mama talks about college.....sigh, if only we could slow the hands of time. However, it's a blessing to see them grow into wonderful human beings! Tell him I said congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh word Marlika, i am just tearing up reading this. You need some calming tea, some calming oil form Young Living Essential oils too and pills hehe im just kidding but it wouldnt hurt too lol i know you will get through it cause you do what you need for your biys a great example but i know you come around ol especially when you need that gallon of milk in the morning and do not want to go out in the cold haha, i remember when my mom did that to me, she literally said oh yeah you have a license now, go pick up yadayadayada lol its tough. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tearing up too! It is bitter sweet! On the one hand you want to them to grow up and be more independent. Be able to drive and get that milk like FFFHomeschool said, but on the other hand you want them to stop growing up so darn fast!!! I understand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww, this touched my heart. They do grow up so fast! Sometime we wish we can stop time, but time must go on. Driving is a huge "grown up" thing to do. I am happy you shared your child's mile stone with us.

    ReplyDelete