Saturday, June 7, 2014

Bottle Rocket Fun *Updated*



The boys have been working hard today designing and building their bottle rockets. It's going to be very interesting to see how their designs work.


Before launching the rockets I had them fill out their science data sheets.


We had two out of three successful launches one sprung a leak. The baking soda and vinegar method did not come out good. Between adding the soda and inserting the plug the method failed. The air pump and water method worked best for us.



3 comments:

  1. Your boys really did a great job! This was such a great visual as to how it could be accomplished. We actually did just the film canister rockets. Which that in itself was quite rewarding for my little ones. Plus I was able to put that together with the worksheets created by Jady A (youtube) over at www.shelfwork.com Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the film canister method it's a no fail. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure my boys will enjoy this but with me preparing for the GRE I did not have time to gather everything. I am going to try to get them to do this one some time over the summer.

    ReplyDelete