Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Crochet Scoodie Complete!

 
Two weeks ago I asked a dear friend of mine to show me how to crochet. She supplied me with a hook and a roll of yarn. She taught me how to make a slip knot and instructed me how to single crochet. As shown in my previous post I practiced and practiced. After using the whole roll she supplied to make pot holders I decided to step it up a notch. I searched YouTube videos looking for a project to do. I found a video on how to make a Scoodie.I am very proud of the outcome of this craft project. Above is a picture of the beginning of this process.
 
 
I was on a roll until the video I was watching went from being visual to verbal. I was stumped the directions given just did not make sense to me. I was left with two pieces a hood and a scarf with no clue of how to connect them. So I watched a couple of videos on how to connect two crochet pieces. I decided to just connect them with a hdc and it worked. Is it perfect? heck no! Now it was time to give it a pop so I added a hdc roll of red and then I did a sc around the whole project.
 
 
Then I got really ambitious and decided to add a rose to the side of the hood. So back to YouTube I went to find a beginners rose. I really like how it turned out I just have to learn how to attach it better.
 
And now for the big reveal..........

 

 

14 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job! I am a big crochet fan but can't seem to relax my hand enough to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU. ARE. AMAZING. Are you kidding? 2 weeks ago you did NOT know how to crochet?! That is awesome. I am so with you about being a visual learner- except I bet you have a lot more patience than I do. Something happens and I don't "get" things. It makes sense when I see it- and then my hands don't agree... I love the colors you chose, too. Great job! Thank you for sharing this!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Give me a nice slow video and some free time and the sky is the limit.

      Delete
  3. Yes, just showed Miss Wonder Woman how to crochet....you are, too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to show me how to crochet. You have created a crocheting monster now lol

      Delete
  4. wow! you are seriously awesome girl. lol i want to order a scoodie for me! how mych? lol its so cute, i bet the boys love theirs!you are a fast learner wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I only made one he was my model in the beginning. Trust me they all want me to make them one minus the flower.

      Delete
  5. Whaaaat???? Girl, you a Bad Mama (Shut Yo Mouth!!!) that is absolutely gorgeous!! 2 weeks??....For real??!!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I shocked myself with this project. Let's just say I had to pause and stop the video a million times but I did it.

      Delete
  6. You did an amazing job! By far, this does not look like a beginner's project! Kudos to you! Isn't YouTube University wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this I have been trying to finish one crochet project for several years. I found a site this weekend that gives the crochet directions in a drawing key which helped some but I'm having problems with remembering what I did all the counting involved and joining rounds. Great job! I'm inspired to make a blanket from granny squares.

    ReplyDelete