Saturday, March 29, 2014

Kombucha Tea & Hidradenitis Suppurativa

 

I made my first batch of kombucha tea today. It is a fermented drink made with tea, sugar, bacteria and yeast. Because it’s naturally fermented with a living colony of bacteria and yeast, Kombucha is a probiotic beverage. This has a myriad of benefits such as improved digestion, fighting candida (harmful yeast) overgrowth, mental clarity, and mood stability. As such, it’s noted for reducing or eliminating the symptoms of fibromyalgia, depression, anxiety, etc. It is extraordinarily anti-oxidant rich, and you all know the benefits of anti-oxidants for boosting your immune system and energy levels.

Most of you don't know but I suffer from a chronic disease called Hidradenitis suppurativa or HS. It is a skin disease that affects areas bearing apocrine sweat glands and hair follicles; such as the underarms, groin and buttocks, and under the breasts in women.

The disease manifests as clusters of chronic abscesses or boils, sometimes as large as tennis balls, that are extremely painful to the touch and has persisted for years with occasional to frequent periods of inflammation, culminating in drainage, often leaving open wounds that will not heal. Drainage provides some relief from severe, often debilitating, pressure pain. Flare-ups are triggered by stress, hormonal changes, humid heat, and clothing friction. Persistent lesions have lead to the formation of sinus tracts, or tunnels connecting the abscesses under my skin. At this stage, which is 3 complete healing is usually not possible, and progression of the disease in the area is inevitable. I have had occurrences of bacterial infections and cellulitis (deep tissue inflammation) at these sites. HS pain is difficult to manage. Hidradenitis suppurative is not contagious.

I have had two surgeries one under my left arm the other in the back of my neck. At this time I have two open wounds one between my breast and the other under my right arm. My right arm is the worst because of all the tunneling of the sinus tract. I trust and believe that God will heal me one day. Doctors have no cure at this moment for HS. So when I go to the doctor they only can provide me with pain pills and antibiotics which makes me sick. Recently I read in a yahoo group about swabbing apple cider vinegar and antibiotic cream on my wounds. I have been doing it for a few weeks and the inflammation has really been going down. I shared this with a friend and she recommended I try kombucha and kiefer. I am sick and tired of being sick, weak and tired. My immune system is low and most of the time I'm tired from it fighting HS.

So I decided after having a heart to heart with my husband that I want to try the natural way.

 

Update: I really appreciate all your google plus and private messages. It really means a lot to me your support is gladly appreciated.

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending up special prayers for you!! I know that with God all things are possible so your healing is just a matter of time! I suffer with chronic pain too so I understand your struggle. But God has helped me to manage the pain and live a normal life. I never heard of HS before so I'm sorry not to be able to offer any advice but I am definitely offering a big cyber hug and the promise that you are in my prayers and I wish you the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing your story! I just love you...you are such a beautiful person on the inside out!! Please know you are in my prayers and how glad I am to know you....Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister you are in my prayers. ((HUGS)) You continue to be BLESSED and know that I am standing in agreement with you for healing. In His will...~Mystiqua

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marlika, you are in my prayers. You are such a strong person- doing all that you do, in spite of something that would keep most normal people down and out. You are such an inspiration. Your kombucha sounds like an awesome option! God bless you! XOX
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your post Marlika. We will continue to pray for and see your body healing more and more. Vinegar is one of our wonder drugs that helps to eliminate so many conditions. I'd like to suggest the healing powers of honey also. .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for being transparent... You will be in my prayers also. I'll be trying your batch of kombucha tea! Our local Food CO-Op sells it... Also, I've been reading this awesome book: "Eat to Live" let me know if you've already read it! Would like to implement it in my family eating habits.... here is his important video, I just happened to be watching just before I read your blog! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5E6UkcH3CI Bona petite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey lady! Thank you for sharing! You are such an inspiration. I will be praying for your healing. Through Him all things are possible! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The SCOBY that starts Kombucha is a Symbiotic Combination of Bacteria and Yeast. It is the Yeast that concerns me. I have had yeast infections before. Dr. Andrew Weil, a Harvard-trained naturopath, recommends NOT using Brewer's Yeast for those with H/S. When I read that, I realized that my H/S started two months after my consumption of Kombucha became too much. You can read plenty of information on the whys and hows of H/S, and you will keep hearing that it is a misunderstood imbalance of yeast and bacteria on the skin, that the body should be able to manage and balance on its own, but is some individuals, with other irritating factors, Hidradenitis Suppurative becomes established. So maybe Stop the Kombucha and step up consumption of probiotics and see if your H/S improves. I am experimenting on my own body.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm 57 years old and female. I was diagnosed a couple of years ago with COPD and I was beyond scared! My lung function test indicated 49% capacity. After having had the flu a year ago, the shortness of breath, coughing and chest pains continued even after being treated with antibiotics. I've been smoking two packs a day for 36 years. Being born without a sternum caused my ribs to be curled in just one inch away from my spine, resulting in underdeveloped lungs. At age 34 I had surgery and it was fixed. Unfortunately my smoking just caused more damage to my already under developed lungs. The problem was that I enjoy smoking and don't want to give up! Have tried twice before and nearly went crazy and don't want to go through that again. I saw the fear in my husband and children's eyes when I told them about my condition then they started to find a solution on their own to help my condition.I am an 57 now who was diagnosed with COPD emphysema which I know was from my years of smoking. I started smoking in school when smoking was socially acceptable. I remember when smoking was permitted in hospitals. It was not known then how dangerous cigarettes were for us, and it seemed everybody smoked but i was able to get rid of my COPD lung condition through the help of Dr James total cure herbal medicine. my husband saw his testimony on the internet. He used his powerful medicine to cure different diseases. we contacted his email [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com} He has the right herbal formula to help you get rid and repair any lung conditions and other diseases, will cure you totally and permanently with his natural organic herbs,We received the medicine through courier delivery service. I wish anybody who starts smoking at a young age would realize what will eventually happen to their bodies if they continue that vile habit throughout their life.
    Dr Akhighe also cured diseases like, HERPES, DIABETES, HIV/AIDS, COPD, CANCER,ASTHMA,STROKE,LUPUS,JOINT PAIN,CHRONIC DISEASES,PARKINSON DISEASES,TUBERCULOSIS,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,BREAST INFECTION,WOMEN SEXUAL PROBLEM, GINGIVITIS, ERYSIPELAS,STAPHYLOCOCCUS,HEPATITIS A/B, QUICK EJACULATION, IMMUNOTHERAPY, GONORRHEA,SYPHILIS,WAST/BACK PAIN,PELVIC INFLAMMATORY, DICK ENLARGEMENT,HEART DISEASES,TERMINAL ILLNESS,SHIFT IN FOCUS,ATAXIA,COMMON COLD,CROHN'S DISEASES,ALCOHOL SPECTRUM DISORDER,GRAVES DISEASE,HEARING LOSS, INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS,LEUKEMIA,MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS,OBESITY,RABIES,SCOLIOSIS,INFLUENZA, POLIO,JACOB,ETC. If you are out there looking for your cure please contact Dr James by his email Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com.......whatsapp number +2348152855846

    ReplyDelete